Sunday, January 13, 2013

鍒鎴戣蛋 Never let me go_133

badly; that for all we knew, veterans often used talk of possibles just as a pretext to go on trips, and didn't really expect to take it any further. Ruth might well have been thinking along the same lines, because she was now looking definitely worried,Link, but in the end she did a little laugh, like Rodney had made a joke.
Then Chrissie said in a new voice: "You know, Ruth,jordans for sale, we might be coming here in a few years' time to visit you. Working in a nice office. I don't see how anyone could stop us visiting you then."
"That's right," Ruth said quickly. "You can all come and see me."
"I suppose," Rodney said, "there aren't any rules about visiting people if they're working in an office." He laughed suddenly. "We don't know. It hasn't really happened with us before."
"It'll be all right," Ruth said. "They let you do it. You can all come and visit me. Except Tommy, that is."
Tommy looked shocked. "Why can't I come?"
"Because you'll already be with me, stupid," Ruth said. "I'm keeping you,Cheap Foamposites."
We all laughed, Tommy again a little behind the rest of us.
"I heard about this girl up in Wales," Chrissie said. "She was Hailsham, maybe a few years before you lot. Apparently she's working in this clothes shop right now. A really smart one."
There were murmurs of approval and for a while we all looked dreamily out at the clouds.
"That's Hailsham for you," Rodney said eventually, and shook his head as though in amazement.
"And then there was that other person"--Chrissie had turned to Ruth--"that boy you were telling us about the other day. The one a couple of years above you who's a park keeper now."
Ruth was nodding thoughtfully. It occurred to me that I should shoot Tommy a warning glance, but by the time I'd turned to him, he'd already started to speak.
"Who was that?" he asked in a bewildered voice.
"You know who it is, Tommy," I said quickly. It was too risky to kick him, or even to make my voice wink-wink: Chrissie would have picked it up in a flash. So I said it dead straight,air max express, with a bit of weariness, like we were

No comments:

Post a Comment